International guitar competition
The City of Antony is organising, in parallel of the event "Les Rencontres internationales de la guitare", the 18th International Guitar Competition from the 22th to the 25th of March 2017.
- Jury prices :
- 1st price : Mateusz KOWALSKI
- 2nd price : Clément CHARPENTIER
- Best performer of the mandatory piece : Hiroshi KOGURE
- Public price : Mateusz KOWALSKI
During three days, contestants from all over the world are gathered together. The competition is open to guitarists from any nationality without any age limit.
Rules and application form
- Click here to download the french and english version (PDF)
- Click here to download the first round results (PDF)
- Click here to download the semi-finals results (format PDF)
- Japanese stringed-instrument maker "Kohno / Sakurai guitar" will offer a 10 000€ worth guitar to the winner of the 1st prize
- La Guitarreria is offering a 300€ prize to the best performer of the mandatory piece
- Savarez offers guitar strings to all the candidates.
About the guitar competition
An important place is given to creation as every year we ask a contemporary composer to write a new piece for the competition : Atanas Ourkouzounov (2016), Anthony Girard (2015), Karol Beffa (2014), Eric Pénicaud (2013), Roland Dyens (2011), Carlos Moscardini (2011), Eric Tanguy (2010), Léo Brouwer (2009), Sébastien Vachez (2008), Jean-Baptiste Devillers (2007), Adrien Politi (2006), Jean-Michel Ferran (2005), Diogènes Rivas (2004), Eduardo Martin (2003), Juan Falu (2002), Philippe Lemaigre (2001), de Alain Mitéran (2000).
Any question ? Service Culturel
BP 86 - 92161 Antony Cedex - FRANCE
Tél. : +33 (0)1 40 96 72 82